Friday, September 4, 2009

Dear Family & Friends,

Time flies when you are having fun! And we have certainly been having an adventure. This past week we visited very long-time friends who live here in Sao Paulo and had dinner with them. Then just today I learned that this dear friend had suffered a heart attack two days before and had not realized it. We had a wonderful time of prayer with them and then left only to hear today of what had happened. I'm so glad and blessed that we were there and able to pray with them (after the fact) but before it was known what had happened. He is hospitalized and doing better. Please remember Anna & Alfredo.

Tuesday we used a rented car to go to the office of our old and dear friend Dr. Dankwart; we had to get updated physicals for our Mission's applications, so he started the process with us. It was a good visit, and as far as his findings, we are alive and well. It was a great reunion for us. He was the Dr. who cared for our whole family during the 9+ years we were here in Brazil. He just lost his wife after a long illness and so please remember him when you pray for us.

Wednesday was the day I spoke in the afternoon service in the central church, The SEDE. I experienced a great grace upon me for this service. I so appreciate any and all prayers, for us and those to whom we are ministering, because we are sensing the empowerment of the Holy Spirit to do things that seem beyond our ability. My message was from Heb. 9 thru 13. It was an expository message and dealt with the Old Covenant that was fulfilled and the arrival of the New Covenant and what it means to us. The title was "Little Miracle Tabernacles". The sense was that we are each "the temple" of the Holy Spirit. Since I have peaked your interest just send for the tape...just a joke...it wasn't taped. :)

Thursday we took a day of rest (I use that word advisedly) as we drove to several sights to check out important things with regards to our eventual return. We saw the available apartment and that was very helpful. It is definitely adaquate and has a lovely view. Geographically it is located too far from the city IF our work brings us daily to the city. So...we are praying and thinking about where our work should be based upon our return.

Let me just say that it is not possible to think..."Oh, I'll just run here and there and then get back". Travel in this city is absolutely a nightmare. This is not a negative confession...it is the truth. There are daily many deaths of "motorcyclists" who are errand boys. They travel between the lanes (on the lines) in a city of 20+ million and at least a million cars. Just while you are slowing at a stop light 5 or more of these "motorcyclists" will zoom on each side of your car and startle the life out of you. It would be so easy to hit one without knowing he was coming. Thanks for the prayer for safety, as we take a few trial runs through this incredible traffic. I (Patti) have not sat behind the wheel; Dale is, as usual, on the cutting edge of every impossibility.

Well, today Dale set out to change his ticket to remain for the Sao Paulo State Convention of Foursquare Pastors. Of course it took the entire day..."you just have to be there" to get the rhythm of this city and its traffic. He went one place and was then sent to the other side of the city to yet another. You just have to have a call for this, folks. :)

This Sunday I was asked to accompany the Communion Choir here at the central church while they sing. I practiced music I had never heard before and finally got it down on the keyboard, when word came that Sunday morning the electricity will be off in our region during the service. :) I remembered a line from a teaching that Pastor Jack Hayford did in New England while we were serving there. It was: "What will the church do if they pull the plug?" Well, I guess we will find out this Sunday.

God bless all of you and keep on praying, it is making a huge difference in everything.

Blessings,
Dale & Patti :)

1 comment:

Noconoconoco said...

Hellô!My name is José. I'm jornalism student and I don't know to speak English. My friend José Bispo is of church quadrangular casa verde. He give me this blog. I'm of Batista church and I want know EUA. I'm need of information and friends. Can I help me? Sorry I don't write in English. My e-mail is setevideolocadora@uol.com.br